Want to become a Gold Coast Cabs driver?
Start driving immediately once you’ve successfully completed our FREE course and obtain your Booked Hire/Taxi Driver Authority. Whether you’re starting out, retired or simply looking for work life balance, we welcome people of all ages.
Enrol in our two-day driver training course and successfully complete it to Gold Coast Cabs Standard.
Our training course is designed to give you the best possible start to your taxi driving career.
The course covers the essential skills and knowledge you will need:
- Gold Coast Cabs Standard Operating Procedures
- Safety and Security
- Your roles and responsibilities as a Gold Coast Cab Driver
- Use of communication equipment
- Wheelchair and Accessibility Training
- Obtain a Booked Hire / Taxi (BHTX) Driver Authority from the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) – For additional information regarding eligibility and application requirements please visit www.tmr.qld.gov.au
- Make an appointment for a medical examination with a Medical Practitioner of your choice – payment for the examination is at your own cost.
Once you have obtained your Booked Hire/Taxi (BHTX) Driver Authority AND successfully completed the 2 Day Driver Training Course:
- Speak with our amazing Gold Coast Cabs vehicle\fleet operators and arrange to meet with as many as you wish. A list of operators are provided during the training.
- Book in for a Jockey Shift with your operator.